(better known as)
Most of us know about the importance of iron and calcium for our bodies, but what about magnesium? It is the second most abundant element in human cells and the fourth most important positively charged ion in the body. It helps the body regulate over 325 enzymes and plays an important role in organizing many bodily functions, like muscle control, electrical impulses, energy production and the elimination of harmful toxins.
Most of us are deficient in magnesium, soaking in a bath with Epsom salt, which is high in magnesium is one of the easiest ways to get a boost and can help maintain good health. below are some common reasons people are using magnesium salts.
- Natural pain killer – a warm water bath with Epsom salt after a tiring day will quickly rejuvenate our body.
- An aid for the diabetics – magnesium helps in the peripheral actions of insulin.
- Rubbing Epsom salt directly over the skin is a great way to exfoliate our dead cells and leaves a smooth and shiny skin
- Control of arthropods – pouring a solution of concentrated solution of Epsom salt over the hair will kill the arthropods like itch mites and lice.
- As stress reliever – as stated earlier, Epsom salt warm water bath will help in free absorption of magnesium and sulfur in our body. It can quickly replenish the depleted magnesium level. Epsom salt has the power of reducing toxins from our body.
- Care of our heart – magnesium helps in maintain elasticity of the blood vessels.
- Patients having gouty arthritis can be benefited from having a foot bath with Epsom salt.
- Shiny and healthy hair – Epsom salt bath with reduce hair fall and lower the occurrence of double tipped hair by revitalizing hair bulbs.
- During difficult pregnancy – magnesium is frequently used to treat a case of seizure attack in a pregnant lady (preeclampsia and eclampsia).